No Black friday or cyber monday this year but a discount of 20% on the Matrix Ctrlr ECO kit valid until the 12th of december, just for Xmas 🙂
The other products are also available
Notice i am moving so i prefer that you solder it yourself if you can and be patient on delays, especially for the US (next year delivery)
Matrix Ctrlr Kit – ECO (Matrix-Ctrlr-KIT-ECO) is out of stock.
thanks for your confidence <3
of course we will restock for the last quarter 😉
Many of you are asking when the Matrix Ctrlr & the One-O-Six Chorus will be available again. Well, they are !
We have received the printed circuit boards, and now we offer aluminium with silkscreen for the frontpanels ! Half of the components are in our drawers and the other half is flying from China to EU, or are already in France. We are working on a new back enclosure (affordable) but it takes time to design in our buggy CAD software.
Notice that we had to increase a little our prices but we keep our products on sale until the end of the month, so don’t wait to order 🙂
I would like to thank all of the customers for their patience. It was worth the wait when i see the quality of the panels !
Yours sincerely, Julien
EDIT : sales are running until 15th of August finally
A new Matrix Ctrlr firmware is available on GitHub as a free update :
- better workflow to save the patches (turning the encoder show temporarily the name and the position). Thanks to Thomas P. Heckmann for the help !
- minor enhancements on boot to reach quickly Test Mode.
- Chord Memory based on Roland alpha Juno feature
On page5 of ARP menu, 3 different chords (e.g : Major, minor and 7dim) can be memorised at the same time and you select the one you need :
They are empty by default. To create a chord in cm1 slot, press KEY3 to select. Press KEY1 to record the chord. Play a chord on your keyboard (6 notes max), release. The chord is in memory cm1 (wiped on power off). You can immediately find back this chord by pressing C4 (midi note 60) on your keyboard and transpose it all along the other keys ; this is very inspired by alpha Juno.
Many people are asking for Matrix Ctrlr kits. We are working on it, but you may know that the prices of the components have been multiplied by 2 or 3 lately, especially semiconductors – and there is a chips shortage on top of that ! Taxes and freight are also higher, so we do our best to keep costs down (we have to be very creative). You may expect a little rise in our prices …
Today is the day of the black friday and we propose you a 15% discount on our available products by using the BLACKFRIDAY2021 coupon ! valid until 30th of November
We are still working on the design of the Matrix Ctrlr SMT PCB so that automated machines could assemble the boards for us :
notice there is v1.39 firmware
A short application to test your arduino mega and detect if there are very thin short or cold solder joints between the pins/connectors. Useful if your buttons are not detected for example (we had a defective board with a short between pin 10 and 11, disabling SRIO function scanning the buttons).
Simply upload the sketch and then with a single wire you can monitor through Serial at 115200 bauds that the pin is good : pin 13 is the output pin alternating a state 1/0 while Serial indicates if the tested pin is working. All pins are tested so you can pass from one pin to another with the monitor window opened without rebooting, simply by moving the wire.
pin10 is tested on the picture below :
Increase the delay(5) to delay(150) to see the source output pin blinking. Sketch to download :
We would like to thank our customers because our shelves and drawers are empty ! PCB, face panels, components … all is gone !! An opportunity to clean up the lab 😉
We are restocking a few parts to propose 4 last Matrix Ctrlr ECO kits before the fall. Don’t hesitate to back order for being sure you get one !
Thanks again for your support, Cheers !!
There is a long time we have published some news !
We (or should say “I” as alpesmachines is a single guy project) have been focused on daily life things and a regular job but some prototyping projects should be exposed in the next weeks …
We have also invest some time to enhance the Matrix Ctrlr and you can find the latest revisions 1.38 on Github here :
- One major improvement is a faster display librarian : all the micro delays induced by printing on the display have disappeared. You can trigger very short notes and move all the parameters together now : beware to the musical results !
- ARP Menu : now you can set the split point in between the arpegiated section and the sequenced one with a midi learn : simply press KEY2 under SPLT and send a midi note to define the split point. A customer request !
- We have also improved the ADC stability by using a moving average method to filter power supply noise and thus having a more stable reading of the potentiometers. It can be access under the CFG/MISC/JTR parameter. A lower value uses lots of filtering (drawback the calculus is longer so the printed value is a little delayed) while a higher value is more responsive and sensitive to noise. The value can be set by pressing KEY4 and saved with PAGE. Now you can use a very bad quality power supply if you like.
We recommend to have firmware 1.20 or 2.15 inside your Matrix 1000 or Matrix 6 : we provide Oberheim EPROM if necessary.
There are also Stereo One-O-Six Chorus kits in stock, a nice companion to add wide stereo effect to a mono synthesizer !
We wish you all the best and enjoy the unlockdown freedom !