- New memory management : the name & tone of a patch, the arp parameters, the unison detune are organized a bit differently, allowing direct upload of patches from the matrix 6/ 1000 to the Ctrlr without a computer. An auto initialization sequence on boot formats the memory if the eeproms are new. A hidden menu allows to format the Ctrlr to factory state.
- Test mode : pressing F1 & F2 while powering allows to test the unit during building/soldering.
- Several Matrix synths controlled at the same time : now control 4 units independently.
- Randomizer on tone parameters : press a button to create random values on DCO or ENV for example (a customer request).
- Triggers : external analog sources to trigger the arp/seq are now supported. Even a general midi rimshot (37) note message can be used !
- Complete debug of the user interface : DCO2 Pulse doesn’t provide random press anymore (on PCB earlier rev1.2). Some random controllers corrected.
- Complete integration inside a midi environnement and a DAW with Local Control on/off.
- Complete sysex/control change translator implemented.
- Zone : Midi patchbay on 4 channels, with transpose, range and redirection.
- System config sysex.
- Ctrlr less verbose : smoothness with Matrix when editing it.
The firmware is available on Github
NOTA : backup your patches before upgrading !
It has been tested on Logic Pro 9 with one Matrix 6 Keyboard, one Matrix 6 rack and 1 Matrix 1000 rack. Beware of the midi loops ! Setup correctly your gear to manage 4 channels and remind you that sysex don’t have a channel.